We’re diving deep into everything that is taboo when it comes to women’s bodies in this episode with Pelvic Health Physical Therapist, Juan Michelle Martin.
You guys tell me often how you are confused with what your body is doing and aren’t sure what is considered “normal” or not. I hope that episode connects you to resources and answers some of your questions on your own body.
If you’re a postpartum athlete wondering, what next? What does my return to fitness look like? Check out my free download – 6 Exercises for the First 6 Weeks. And if you’re ready to get back to doing the training you love, get my 8 Week Postpartum Athlete Training Program here!
In this episode, we cover:
- The common symptoms that women are experiencing that can be helped with pelvic floor physical therapy,
- What bad habits we often train our bladders to do,
- How we can help to make these topics less taboo,
- What effect a weak pelvic floor can have on our bodily functions, and
- How self awareness comes into play with making adjustments in our workouts
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Find Juan here or on Facebook and Instagram
- Get the Bristol Stool Scale here
- Enjoying the show? You can write us a review on Apple Podcasts HERE!
- Don’t miss our last episode on how diet culture is robbing you of the balanced lifestyle you want with Jen & Annie of Balance365
More about the show:
The Practice Brave podcast brings you the relatable, trustworthy and transparent health & fitness information you’re looking for when it comes to coaching, being coached and transitioning through the variables of motherhood and womanhood.
You will learn from athletes and experts in the women’s health and coaching/performance realm as they share their knowledge and experience on all things Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism.
Whether you’re a newly pregnant athlete or postpartum athlete, knowing how to adjust your workouts, mental approach and coaching can be confusing.
Each week we’ll be tackling questions around adjusting your workouts and mindset, diastasis recti, pelvic health, mental health, identity, and beyond. Through compelling interviews and solo shows, Brianna speaks directly to where you’re at because she’s been there too!
Tune in every other week and share the show with your athlete friends!
This post about taboo topics may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission from the seller if you decide to purchase (at no additional cost to you!) We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!