Leveraging athlete brain is a skill that can help us to navigate the ups and downs of our personal and professional lives. Athlete brain can help us and it can present roadblocks in our lives if we don’t know how to leverage it. In this episode I am chatting with my friend and fellow Pregnancy and Postpartum Athleticism Coach, Carla Nunes da Costa, about how she has leveraged athlete brain in her life!
Carla and I talk through our experiences with athlete brain and be competitive in all things, how to get through hardship, and why it can be a struggle to be still if you have athlete brain.
Find Carla on Instagram and let us know that you listened to this episode! Thanks for listening today.
In this episode, we cover:
- Carla’s experiences with athlete brain and being competitive in all things,
- How leveraging athlete brain can help during hardship especially if you struggle to sit still, and
- How to continue pursing fitness and movement during difficult times like a pandemic
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Find Carla on Instagram
- You can find more information on how to become a Pregnancy and Postpartum Athleticism Coach here!
- Was this episode helpful? You can write us a review on Apple Podcasts HERE!
- Don’t miss our last episode on sex, pee, poo and all that’s taboo with Juan Michelle Martin
More about the show:
The Practice Brave podcast brings you the relatable, trustworthy and transparent health & fitness information you’re looking for when it comes to coaching, being coached and transitioning through the variables of motherhood and womanhood.
You will learn from athletes and experts in the women’s health and coaching/performance realm as they share their knowledge and experience on all things Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism.
Whether you’re a newly pregnant athlete or postpartum athlete, knowing how to adjust your workouts, mental approach and coaching can be confusing.
Each week we’ll be tackling questions around adjusting your workouts and mindset, diastasis recti, pelvic health, mental health, identity, and beyond. Through compelling interviews and solo shows, Brianna speaks directly to where you’re at because she’s been there too!
Tune in every other week and share the show with your athlete friends!
This post about taboo topics may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission from the seller if you decide to purchase (at no additional cost to you!) We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!