Vanessa felt like if she COULD, then she SHOULD when it came to pushing herself in the gym while pregnant.
She felt the pressure to be a “healthy role model” in her gym during pregnancy and postpartum even though she was tired, really tired.
In this episode, Vanessa Long shares her journey through motherhood (so far) as an athlete with athlete brain. We hope that with this conversation, we can help you navigate these periods of evolution with more grace, empathy, and acceptance. You won’t want to miss this one!
In this episode, we cover:
- Why, as athletes, we feel compelled to push ourselves beyond discomfort,
- What athleticism through motherhood has looked like for Vanessa,
- The turning point for Vanessa and her relationship with training, and
- How she is using her past mistakes or experiences to create a positive future for herself in the gym and at home
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Vanessa on Instagram @v_reyes!
- Check out the 8 week Postpartum Athlete Training Program HERE
- Was this episode helpful? You can write us a review on Apple Podcasts HERE!
- Don’t miss our last episode on the key to working with and helping dancers with Danelle Dickson
More about the show:
The Practice Brave podcast brings you the relatable, trustworthy and transparent health & fitness information you’re looking for when it comes to coaching, being coached and transitioning through the variables of motherhood and womanhood.
You will learn from athletes and experts in the women’s health and coaching/performance realm as they share their knowledge and experience on all things Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism.
Whether you’re a newly pregnant athlete or postpartum athlete, knowing how to adjust your workouts, mental approach and coaching can be confusing.
Each week we’ll be tackling questions around adjusting your workouts and mindset, diastasis recti, pelvic health, mental health, identity, and beyond. Through compelling interviews and solo shows, Brianna speaks directly to where you’re at because she’s been there too!
Tune in every other week and share the show with your athlete friends!
This post about athleticism through motherhood may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission from the seller if you decide to purchase (at no additional cost to you!) We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!