It’s hard to know what information to believe when it comes to your skin and hair because of all the BS that gets shared on social media (just like the Fitness industry, honestly.)
I asked board-certified dermatologist Dr. Samantha Ellis to come on the show to break down what we need to know about taking care of our skin and hair. Whether you’re low maintenance or not, Dr. Sam shares how you can take great care of your skin and hair without investing a lot of money or time.
We talk about everything from natural skin care to pregnancy and postpartum changes to getting botox. Don’t miss this episode, it’s a good one!
In this episode, we cover:
- What you need to know about taking care of your skin and hair (it’s so much simpler than you may think,)
- How to take care of your skin using minimal products and minimal time,
- What you need to know about using natural skin care products,
- How to prepare for changes in your skin and hair during pregnancy and postpartum,
- Plus, Dr. Sam’s opinion on beauty trends like Botox!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Dr. Sam HERE and on Instagram @DrSamanthaEllis!
- Check out the 8 week Postpartum Athlete Training Program HERE
- Was this episode helpful? You can write us a review on Apple Podcasts HERE!
- Don’t miss our last episode with Vanessa Long on athleticism through motherhood
More about the show:
The Practice Brave podcast brings you the relatable, trustworthy and transparent health & fitness information you’re looking for when it comes to coaching, being coached and transitioning through the variables of motherhood and womanhood.
You will learn from athletes and experts in the women’s health and coaching/performance realm as they share their knowledge and experience on all things Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism.
Whether you’re a newly pregnant athlete or postpartum athlete, knowing how to adjust your workouts, mental approach and coaching can be confusing.
Each week we’ll be tackling questions around adjusting your workouts and mindset, diastasis recti, pelvic health, mental health, identity, and beyond. Through compelling interviews and solo shows, Brianna speaks directly to where you’re at because she’s been there too!
Tune in every other week and share the show with your athlete friends!
This post about skin and hair may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission from the seller if you decide to purchase (at no additional cost to you!) We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!