Apple PodcastsSpotifyGoogle PodcastsStitcher
I’m sitting down with my mom in this episode to talk about her experience raising my sister and I as a single mom. We sat on my couch and talked through what life was like growing up with my dad as a drug addict, how my mom decided to divorce him, and what life has looked like since then.My mom, Sharon, also shares how she started working out in her 50s and what Crossfit has done for her. This is a super casual conversation but one that I hope resonates with you. You aren’t alone in what you’re facing! Thanks for spending time with us today. Let me know what you think of this episode and show my mom some love on Instagram @Mom4Everyone!
In this episode, we cover:
- What life was like growing up with a drug addict,
- How my mom raised my sister and I after divorcing my dad,
- Why my mom started working out in her 50s, and
- How our experiences have shaped our current reality
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- If you’re postpartum (or almost there!) check out my free resource on 6 exercises you can do during the first 6 weeks postpartum. Find it here!
- Enjoying the show? You can write us a review on Apple Podcasts HERE!
- Don’t miss our last episode on what female athletes must know about menopause and perimenopause with Amanda Thebe
MORE ABOUT THE SHOW:
The Practice Brave podcast brings you the relatable, trustworthy and transparent health & fitness information you’re looking for when it comes to coaching, being coached and transitioning through the variables of motherhood and womanhood.
You will learn from athletes and experts in the women’s health and coaching/performance realm as they share their knowledge and experience on all things Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism.
Whether you’re a newly pregnant athlete or postpartum athlete, knowing how to adjust your workouts, mental approach and coaching can be confusing.
Each week we’ll be tackling questions around adjusting your workouts and mindset, diastasis recti, pelvic health, mental health, identity, and beyond. Through compelling interviews and solo shows, Brianna speaks directly to where you’re at because she’s been there too!
Tune in every other week and share the show with your athlete friends!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission from the seller if you decide to purchase (at no additional cost to you!) We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!